Using the Archives
- You may consult the descriptions and lists on this website (under "holdings") for your convenience.
- Please note: The lists and descriptions are partial. In order to fully explore our holdings one must visit the Archives. See »Location« on how to find us.
- The reader should also note that not all of the collections have been fully catalogued and access to them may therefore be somewhat restricted.
- Archival material situated in nearby stacks is brought few times a day.
- Archival material situated in distant stacks is brought to the reading room twice a week.
- Use of digital cameras is permitted after signature on camera use policy.
Price List & Service Standards
Quoting and/or Publishing Archival Material
Readers who quote material from the Central Archives in papers or publications are required to cite the Archives and the record numbers of the files cited, according to the following guidelines:
- In the case of original material, cite the record number of the file, e.g.: CAHJP PL/68.
- In the case of photocopies or microfilms from other archives, cite the name of that archives together with the original record number, followed by the CAHJP number, e.g.: "Osoby" Archives, Moscow, 721/1-1; microfilm at CAHJP – HM2/8693.1.
- Publication of entire texts requires written permission in advance from the CAHJP for original material and from the other archives for documents and files microfilmed or photocopied for the CAHJP. See copyright form.
- Publication of facsimiles or photographs involves payment for rights as well.
- A complimentary copy of any research paper or publication quoting material from the Central Archives (in the original or photocopy) must be submitted to the Archives by the author.
For any additional information you may contact us.